Next Clothing Give Away Event
Saturday, May 1
Lightridge High School
41025 Collaboration Drive, Aldie, VA 20105
Guest appointments open April 5th. Space is limited and families with a referral have priority. Masks and social distancing required.
- Tuesday, April 27, at Community Baptist Church, 43100 Center Street, South Riding from 4-5:30pm
- Wednesday, April 28, at Community Baptist Church, 43100 Center Street, South Riding from 4-5:30pm
- Thursday, April 29, at Community Baptist Church, 43100 Center Street, South Riding from 10am-12pm and 5-7:30pm
- Friday, April 30 from 5-7:30pm at Lightridge High School
Sign up NOW to help – check the Volunteer tab below.
The Dulles South Neighborhood Closet accepts all sizes of clothing, shoes and accessories for men, women, and children. Donations must be clean and in very good condition. We cannot accept items with the following:
- stains, visible dirt, or an unclean odor
- holes, rips, or worn areas
- broken zippers
- missing buttons
- visible pet hair
- socks, underwear, hats, bras, and swimsuits unless they are new in the package or have a price tag.
Please sort donated items by gender and size, and label bags or boxes with a description of the contents. Any clothing remaining after each event will be donated to charity. Dulles South Neighborhood Closet will also set aside a small portion for future urgent needs.
Thank you for making a difference.
Future clothing events are planned for Aug. 21 (Back to School), Nov. 13 (Outerwear & Underwear), and Dec. 4 (Holiday).
Every family in the Dulles South community has adequate clothing.
Helping local families obtain adequate clothing through free community-wide clothing exchanges, an Emergency Closet, and other needed assistance.
- Connect those who want to give with those who are in need.
- Protect the privacy and dignity of those we serve.
- Strengthen community and accomplish more through interfaith efforts.
- Maintain neutrality in faith and politics to better serve the entire community.
- Create youth volunteer opportunities.
- Promote the reuse of clothing in good condition.
Call Loudoun County’s Information and Referral line at 703-777-0420 if your household as been economically impacted by COVID-19 and you need rent assistance or other help.
The COVID-19 Emergency Fund and Helpline at 703-669-5040 can assist those who need help paying rent as a result of lost wages from the COVID-19 crisis. They will also help callers identify additional government, nonprofit, and faith-based resources of assistance.
For help with food:
Dulles South Food Pantry is open by appointment on Wednesdays call 703-507-2795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Loudoun Hunger Relief is open by appointment at https://services.loudounhunger.org/
Seven Loaves can be reached at 540-687-3489 or https://www.sevenloavesmiddleburg.org/
Volunteers are needed for our upcoming events. Sign ups for the May 1, 2021 event will be posted here the first week of April. Youth service hours are available. Please check the age requirements before signing a youth volunteer up.
Or complete the volunteer registration form online.
Sign up here for anyone age 14 and over who wants to help with sorting, set up, or clean up.
Sign up here for adults age 18 and out of high school who want to volunteer during the event.
South Riding & Tall Cedars Congregations of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
We are seeking more partners.